Lawful Evil (lawful_evil) wrote,
Lawful Evil

  • Mood:


H&R Block finally straightened out my 2004 California tax return and admitted they screwed it up. I purchased their 'piece of mind' insurance policy(for $26). As a result they are sending me a check to cover the $750 error they made on the taxes.

Better late than never. Better yet, if they stood by their product without making you purchase insurance. The error wasn't anything related to me or failure to disclose information. They just filled out the form wrong.

I do my own taxes normally, but the CA partial year/out of state was too much. I tried to fill it out myself, but I couldn't figure out how not to get totally screwed in the process. Anyway.. .I won't use them again any time soon. I was dismayed about getting hit with the AMT last year. I might try out one of them turbo-tax programs next year to see if they can help me bypass the AMT.

Of course Emily still needs to head over to their offices to pick up the tax package from them.

  • HackerOne CTF- Thermostat

    I wasn't sure what to expect with this one. The Thermostat. Android CTF... I didn't have a readily accessible android device... so initially…

  • HackerOne CTF Petshop Pro

    Easy and straightforward shopping. A couple items you can add to a cart and checkout. Playing with the cart a bit, we see that the cart/checkout…

  • HackerOne CTF Postbook

    Postbook... 7 flags at 4 points each. The page looks like it can have a post timeline for posts you create, a way to sign in, sign up, etc. After…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.